Join us for our fourth annual My Sister’s Keeper Awards Luncheon—Honoring Women Who Serve on September 15th from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. at the Hilton Charlotte City Center and hosted by WBTV News anchor Christine Sperow.
This is our signature event and serves as our largest fundraiser of the year. In addition to raising funds for scholarships for women and girls of color to pursue higher education and community programming, the luncheon will also honor local African American women leaders who have done commendable work in the areas of civic engagement, education, economic empowerment, health and strategic alliances in the Charlotte community.
The 2018 honorees for excellence in advocacy are:
• Civic Engagement: The Honorable Beverly Earle, State Representative 110th District
• Economic Empowerment: J’Tanya Adams, Mid-Atlantic Regional Director, EveryoneOn
• Education: Carlenia Ivory, Family & Community Services Specialist, Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools
• Health: Dr. Ophelia Garmon-Brown, Chief Community Health & Wellness Officer, Novant Health
• Strategic Alliances: Stephanie Counts, Co-founder & CEO Emeritus Women’s Inter-Cultural Exchange
Additionally, Alexander Ferguson, who is the anchor and founder of Keep Rising Empowerment Summit for Girls, will receive the “Unsung Hero” award for her vast accomplishments and service to the community.
Money raised from the silent auction will go towards the scholarship fund and supporting programs including a mentoring program, Building Bridges to Success, which gives young women ages 12-17 the opportunity to recognize their full potential by offering educational, developmental, and cultural events related to health and wellness, leadership, personal and career development.
Guests can expect an opportunity to network, participate in a silent auction and shop with vendors. Doors and cash bar will open at 10:30 a.m. and the luncheon will begin promptly at 11:00 a.m. The event will also feature live musical entertainment by national recording artists 5th and York (www.5thandYork.com). Tickets are currently on sale; to purchase, visit www.ncbw-qcmc.org.